Desk Job Erectile Dysfunction
Desk Job Erectile Dysfunction – An Article written by Emma of “Abandon your Inhibitions” 3rd May 2014
Contrary to popular belief, erectile dysfunction is not a normal by product of age itself, but definitely can result from decades at a desk job. Why? Sitting for so long can compress blood vessels in the groin, precisely those that supply blood to the penis! So in a private session, I demonstrate stretching and use some techniques with bodywork to loosen the abductors and other areas in need of improved circulation.
So many sexologists like myself who do bodywork know about the importance of unconstricted blood vessels in the groin and thighs, but in an age driven by pharmaceutical cures, there isn’t a lot of media about how simple techniques can have such a powerful effect on erections!
Therefore, I was thrilled to read about how some clever scientists have developed a new type of bike saddle that they say could reduce the risk of impotence.
It seems that desk jobs are NOT the only culprits. Cycling regularly can also compress blood vessels in the groin. One article I read quoted a trial of male cyclists, in which the blood supply to the penis was reduced by 70 per cent.
Apparently, this research suggests that riding a bike for more than three hours may increase the risk of developing erectile dysfunction and prostatis (inflamed prostate). So some innovators in Spain are developing a bike saddle to alleviate potential blood flow restrictions, by allowing the front of the seat to be dropped to relieve pressure on the groin.
This leads me to ask the obvious question, since the Spanish researchers did not: what about all those men sitting for most of the day? Should there not be an ergonomically designed seat whose purpose it is to keep the blood flowing down there?
And beyond that, what else can be done retroactively to rectify the toll taken on blood vessels and penile blood flow?
Sometimes, it is simply some bodywork which helps improve blood flow in this area. A recent client of mine in his late 50s was amazed by the results after just one session.
Desk Job Erectile Dysfunction
Luckily, there are a few exercises that can be done at home:
1. Lie on your back and pull your knee to your chest as far as you can; hold for at least 30 seconds. If you can pull your leg in further do so and continue to hold. Do each leg.
2. As you lie with your knee to your chest, you can then move it towards the floor across your straight leg. Attempt to keep the opposite shoulder on the floor. Do each leg.
3. A nice massage of the inner thighs (adductors) for several minutes each, really kneading your flesh from your far inner groin and down your inner thigh halfway to your knee.
4. Massage your groin around your pubic mound and even around your lower abdomen. There is a muscle in there called the psoas and the iliopsoas on which your pelvic structure is hinged, and this muscle also has big implications for blood flow. An abdominal massage is particularly useful, but at the very least, the lower abdomen and pelvis can be massaged.
5. Deep breathing whilst doing this, into your belly, can assist in bringing oxygenation into your bloodstream and throughout your body, which is great for health and supports full erectile function.
Let me know how you go! Article by Emma of “Abandon your Inhibitions” 3rd May 2014
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ERECTILE ISSUES
Please TEXT me to arrange a 15 minute FREE chat if you are having any intimate issues which are affecting your sex life.